Baker - 3655 Lawton st.
About the Job:
We are hiring both part-time and full-time Bakers to join the team at our original location! We are looking for someone with professional kitchen or restaurant experience in addition to a passion for creating memorable experiences in a high volume environment. Job perks include working near the beach, blasting your favorite music while you work, an amazing snack selection, great health, and dental benefits, accommodating employee schedules, paid time off, and access to all the coffee you can drink!
Job Description and Goals:
• You arrive on time and are ready to work at the start of your shift.
• Daily tasks are completed based on the lists given to you by your manager.
• Customers receive delicious and visually appealing pastries and prepared foods.
• When challenges arise, you resolve them with the help of your manager.
• You are responsible for ensuring the quality of the pastries and prepared foods that leave the kitchen.
• Ownership over your station; communicate ordering needs to Pastry Sous Chef, FIFO, ensuring all mise en place is of quality and up to Andytown standards.
• You are responsible for maintaining a clean station throughout service, prep, and before going home.
• At least 1-year experience in a fast-paced professional kitchen
• Proficient knife skills and understanding of how to follow a recipe
• Ability to multi-task, work efficiently, and complete assigned projects in a timely manner.
• Great attitude, team player, willingness to support the pastry assistant and kitchen manager as needed
• You are eager to learn and grow
• Positive communication skills and ability to adapt challenges as they arise
• Completion of ServSafe Certified within 30-days of hire
• Ability to do repetitive work including bending, crouching, twisting, chopping, rolling dough, and scooping
• Ability to lift up to 50lbs
• Ability to stand up to 8hrs
• Sometimes will need to bend, crouch, kneel and reach over-head, to complete tasks
This position will evolve as the needs of your department changes. You will sometimes be asked
to complete tasks or projects that aren’t on the above list. Please always communicate to your supervisor if a particular task or project becomes a part of your daily responsibilities.
At Andytown, we are committed to creating good jobs. We value diversity and always consider job applicants based on work experience, qualifications, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We consider all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.