Porter - 3655 Lawton St.
About the Job:
We are hiring both part-time and full-time Porters to join the team at our original location! We are looking for someone with kitchen or restaurant experience in addition to a passion for creating memorable experiences in a high volume environment. Job perks include working near the beach, blasting your favorite music while you work, an amazing snack selection, great health, and dental benefits, accommodating employee schedules, paid time off, and access to all the coffee you can drink!
Job Description and Goals:
• Arrive on time and are ready to work at the start of your shift.
• Daily and weekly tasks are completed based on the lists given to you by your manager or lead.
• Complete monthly deep-cleaning tasks. These vary in difficulty and may be completed by any porter on a voluntary basis. If any tasks are not completed by the 20th of each month, they will be delegated amongst the porter team.
• Maintain the cleanliness of dishes, baking utensils, and more according to the standards laid out by your manager or lead.
• Assist in maintaining the cleanliness and proper stocking of the entire cafe space and the garage storage space.
• Maintain the cleanliness of the dish pit, especially areas visible to customers.
• Assist in maintaining the cleanliness and proper FIFO ordering of the milk fridge.
• When challenges arise, you resolve them with your best judgment or the help of your manager or lead, whichever is most appropriate.
• Communicate with customers when needed in a respectful and considerate manner.
• Communicate with your manager, lead, or HR, with any concerns regarding your working environment.
• Participate in regular check-ins with the Lead Porter.
• Take ownership of your position and communicate any relevant personal and supply needs to your lead or manager.
• Think on your feet in order to balance your priorities, and be able to communicate realistic timeframes for tasks given to you by others.
• Team Support: You will frequently perform actions that support other teams in the cafe, including putting away milk deliveries, delivering ice to the baristas and more. Some of these tasks may require more priority.
• Ability to multi-task and work efficiently.
• Team-oriented work ethic.
• Positive communication skills and ability to adapt challenges as they arise.
• Ability to lift up to 50lbs.
• Ability to stand up to 8hrs.
• Sometimes will need to bend, crouch, kneel and reach over-head, to complete tasks.
This position will evolve as the needs of your department changes. You will sometimes be asked
to complete tasks or projects that aren’t on the above list. Please always communicate to your supervisor if a particular task or project becomes a part of your daily responsibilities.
At Andytown, we are committed to creating good jobs. We value diversity and always consider job applicants based on work experience, qualifications, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We consider all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.